Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. --Proverbs 22:6--

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Boy...am I lagging here. :-)

So, we're on week 12. We just started our state study. I ordered Pickles her own state sheets with the stickers, because she's really gotten involved with school lately. Every time we do any notebooking she takes hers out and asks where her paper is to do. It's easy enough for her to color and put a sticker on. They are on the way!

I think next week we are going to take an entire week to play catch-up on some of the projects we haven't been able to do and do some book basket reading. We've just sort of skimmed over a lot of them. Either we haven't had the materials (simple things like vinegar and sugar are missing from my cupboards right now!) So, we'll spend some time next week doing some of the fun stuff!

I've been really enjoying letting the kids play the afternoon away. I found the original Charlotte Mason books on sale, so I've been reading through them. I've got lots to say on the subject, so I'll save that for another post. But, in the meantime, she convinced me of the benefits of making sure children get plenty of play time outdoors. So, we've made it a priority to get outside in the sunshine (or rain...one day it actually was hailing and we had to run inside - that was fun!)

Anyway, we're still alive. (Even the Caterpillar!!- still no cocoon yet though...)

Life is grand! :-)

No comments: