Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. --Proverbs 22:6--

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Day two.

Well, I didn't realize I checked out the wrong video. This was a two hour documentary on Vikings with about a 5 minute blurb about Leif Ericson. Oh well. It was interesting. And, I found this great site: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/vikings/ with lots of fun things to do.

Today went super again. One thing I am finding is that this year is turning out to be much more "independent" than I had expected. What I think is going to work is meeting with Superkid in the morning, giving him his math and art lessons then allowing him to work on his own. Sometimes that works for his english as well. Spelling just takes a few very short minutes of my time. Daddy is doing Bible. So really the big things I need to be available for is history and science. It all seems to work out really well.

When pickles saw that we were doing a United States worksheet, she wanted to get right in on the lesson. In fact, she did a really good job - coloring our state, the US and the oceans. She especially enjoys having her very own school notebook. By the way grandma - She LOVES the puzzle! It has been played with it every day since you gave it to her. I tried it today for the first time - it's hard! And she's really very good at putting it together. She's a smarty pants. :-)

So far school is going good. Tomorrow is a little busy. I added a fun project that might take a little longer than one day. I can't wait to see it done and show it here. I think it's going to be cool.

I'll check in later.
Probably not tomorrow, but I'll be back soon.

No comments: