Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. --Proverbs 22:6--

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What I've learned...

One of my favorite things I like to do is read history and also the other thing I like is when we did the project of the viking ship. (outside of MFW) Another project I liked was the paper window.


I learned a lot about when America was founded. All about the pilgrims and how they came here. Also about when Christopher Columbus came and found North America. I also learned about Pocahontas and how she saved Captain John Smith. I learned how to make butter and how yeast represents sin. (in the old test.)
The big dipper is part of another constellation called the "big bear."
This week we are studying about Benjamin Franklin. He was the one who found out that electricity can travel, so he's really important.
~Mom here~
Below is a picture of some of the projects we've done. ( I just took it) The viking ship is the project that we had outside of MFW and I was really excited to share. But, as it turns out both Superkid & Superman worked on this for over FOUR hours and, as you can see, it's still not finished. However, they both had a great time. :-)
A little on the canoes in the picture - Superkid finished his and put his hand in it pretending to have people inside, which reminded me of the "Ten Little Indians" song. After I sung it, Pickles drew her hand on her canoe - I thought that was cute. By the way, they both did their very own sewing all by themselves. Great job, eh?


No comments: